Are you flu ready?
It’s only April, but would you believe now is the time to start preparing your immune system if you want to stay healthy this winter.
Already this year, I’ve had quite a few clients come in with change-of-season colds and a couple of cases of the flu!
In my experience, the best way to treat these viruses is to prevent them in the first place.
How? By making sure you have a strong immune system and the best health possible.
Who is most at risk?
- Children starting school or day care for the first time (and their families)
- People experiencing high amounts of stress in their daily lives
- People taking a lot of prescription medications, particularly the elderly
- Students doing their HSC are also a prime target for viruses like the flu and glandular fever
What to do to prepare yourself before winter:
- Get enough sleep – adrenal glands recover between 9pm and 1am.
- Eat as naturally as possible to get plenty of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients from your food. Eat a variety of coloured vegetables and fruits as well as good quality proteins like nuts and seeds, fresh fish, eggs, chicken and lamb.
- Manage your stress levels – spend half an hour each day doing something you enjoy that relaxes you.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week.
- Take the right kinds of natural supplements every day, year-round. As a minimum, I recommend a good quality multi-vitamin, fish oil and a probiotic every day.
- Two of my favourite natural medicines to start taking now are our top quality echinacea liquid or tablets, and vitamin C powder – this will boost your immune system before winter arrives.
Follow these steps and you’ll give yourself the best chance of avoiding a cold or flu this season.
Yours in health,
Do you want to avoid catching any pesky colds and flus this winter season?
Click here to download our free guide on preparing your immune system and warding off colds and flus naturally.