Don’t let the flu get you this Winter
Did you know now is the best time to start boosting your immune system to ensure you stay as healthy as possible this cold and flu season?
Already this year, I’ve had quite a few clients come in with change-of-season colds and a couple of cases of the flu!
Here are my top tips to keep well this winter:
Watch this video hear my top tips to prevent the cold & flu this year - https://youtu.be/Ch87qQKk3C4
- Get enough sleep – your adrenal glands recover between 9pm and 1am.
- Eat as naturally as possible to get plenty of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients from your food. Eat a variety of coloured vegetables and fruits as well as good quality proteins like nuts and seeds, fresh fish, eggs, chicken and lamb.
- Manage your stress levels – spend half an hour each day doing something you enjoy that relaxes you. Read a book, take a bath, get a massage!
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week.
- Take the right kinds of natural supplements every day, year-round. As a minimum, I recommend a good quality multi-vitamin, fish oil and a probiotic every day.
- Start dosing up on Vitamin C powder – this will boost your immune system before winter arrives so you won’t catch everything going around!
- Take a quality echinacea liquid or tablets every day throughout winter – recent studies show Echinacea reduces the number of recurrent colds caught by up to 60% and it also reduces the length of illness by a quarter. That means if you do get sick, you’ll be up and about again sooner than usual!
If you have any more questions, you can call us to book a FREE 15 minute chat with one of our Naturopaths to see how we can help you. Call now on (02) 4961 4075.
Yours in health,
Do you want to avoid catching any pesky colds and flus this winter season?
Click here to download our free guide on preparing your immune system and warding off colds and flus naturally.