This breakfast packs a punch, it is high in protein, vitamins, minerals, fibre and good fats and will sustain you through the morning, fuelling your brain and sustaining your energy! Make up a double lot so you have breakfast to go for a few days.
- 1 cup almonds (preferably soaked overnight)
- 2 apples, skin removed
- 1 orange juiced + zest
- 1 teasp ginger
- 1 teasp cinnamon
- ½ + cup water
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked in ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup sultanas soaked
- ¼ cup goji berries soaked
- ¼ cup coconut threads
- ¼ cup chopped medjool dates (optional)
- Place the chia seeds in a bowl with the water and put aside
- Blend the first lot of ingredients in a food processor until porridge like
- Fold through the remaining ingredients including the soaked chia seeds
- If desired, garnish with a few sultanas, goji berries and coconut and drizzle honey over the top.
- If you have almond milk pour some over the top of the cereal and serve.
This recipe has been kindly shared by Kate Williams from: