This recipe is inspired by Bill Granger's apple, dried cherry and almond loaf. This is a favourite in our house and a fabulous alternative to cake when having people over for breakfast or tea.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ apple, grated
- 1/2 cup blueberries- frozen
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup almonds, smashed into pieces.
- Mix ingredients in a medium size bowl until combined (leave blueberries until last if you don't want the colour to bleed).
- Pour into standard loaf tin lined with baking paper and cook in fan forced oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Leave out to cool down and serve.
Alternatively, you can pack them into cupcakes and send them to school or to have as a snack on the go.