- 200g dried apricots *
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (45g)
- ½ cup brown rice flour (80g)
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped tspn peanut or almond butter (20g) – optional
- ½ tspn vanilla powder *
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180c and line two large trays with baking paper.
- Place the apricots and coconut into a food processer and blitz on medium speed until combined. Then scrape down the sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz again on medium speed for 30-60 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
- Roll heaped teaspoon sized balls and place them on the tray. Flatten slightly using a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Remember that dried apricots which are free from additives are actually brown in colour and NOT bright orange
- If you don’t have vanilla powder you can swap this for 1 tspn vanilla essence
This recipe has been kindly shared by Collette White from: