- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup organic tomato sauce
- ¼ cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1kg of mixed chicken pieces (such as thigh cutlets,wings and drumsticks)
- 2 brown onions cut into wedges
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- Place the maple syrup, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar and mustard in a large glass bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/160oC fan forced and line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Add the onion and sweet potato to the chicken and toss gently until coated in the mixture.
- Arrange the chicken, onion and sweet potato in the baking dish and keep the remaining maple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then baste the chicken with the remaining maple mixture.
- Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Serve with your favourite side dish or greens.
TIP: This marinade can be used to marinate chicken wings, wingettes or drumsticks for finger food.
VARIATION: Boneless chicken thigh or breast fillets can be used for this recipe but you will need to cover the baking dish with foil for the first 20 minutes in the oven to prevent the chicken over browning and drying out.