- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 1kg sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp herb salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g turkey mince
- 1/8 tsp sage, ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- 2 tsp savoury yeast flakes
* Omit cayenne pepper if you can't have chilli. Swap tamari for coconut aminos. Swap savoury yeast flakes for a good sprinkle of organic herb salt.
- Place sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, 1 tsp of herb salt and some freshly ground pepper into mixing bowl and chop 30 sec/speed 4.
- Melt ghee or oil in a large frypan and add sweet potato mixture. Stir and fry until lightly browned and cooked through, approx. 10 mins. Spread over base of a 34 x 22 cm rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place mince, sage, cayenne, 1/4 tsp oregano, tamari and tomato paste into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 3. Cook 4 mins/Varoma/reverse/speed soft with MC off (until barely cooked). Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Place eggs, 1 tsp herb salt, garlic powder and onion powder and some freshly ground black pepper into mixing bowl. Mix 5 sec/speed 4, then drizzle half the mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle mince over the egg layer.
- Add zucchini to remaining egg mixture in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Spread over mince layer and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp oregano and yeast flakes.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated 30 mins, then remove foil and bake a further 30 mins, or until set and browned.
This recipe has been kindly shared by Quirky Cooking from: