- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1 cup coconut flakes or threads soaked in 1 ½ cups water or coconut milk for 1 hour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 probiotic capsule or ½ t powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or natural vanilla essence
- Strain the cashews and blend with the coconut and the water or conconut milk the coconut threads were soaking in, vanilla powder and the sugar until smooth. You may have to stop and start a few times to get a really smooth cream.
- Add the probiotic and blend briefly once more.
- Transfer to a glass jar and leave to culture for 12 – 48 hours.
- Once culturing is complete place in the refrigerator
Serving suggestions: Make up your own blend or try one of the following:
- yoghurt, banana, a little coconut syrup and vanilla powder blended and then poured over sliced banana.
- fresh passionfruit and a little xylitol stirred through.
- blend in lucuma powder and coconut syrup. Add in mesquite powder for a more caramel flavour.
- blend in 1 dessertspoon of mesquite powder and 1 dessertspoon of honey.
- mango blended in with fresh mango pieces stirred through.
This recipe has been kindly shared by Kate Williams from: