- Half Leek – diced finely
- 1 chilli – finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 x can” no added “salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 125ml water
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed and shredded
- Large pan, add tbsp olive oil. Saute leeks until soft and golden. Add the spices.
- Cook stirring occasionally 1-2 min until aromatic. Add 1 ½ cans of chickpeas to pan. Keep the ½ can chickpeas aside. Add the tin of tomatoes to the pan. Stir the pan to coat the chickpeas in tomatoes.
- Take the ½ can chickpeas place in a bowl and mash the chickpeas till they form a paste then add to the pan
- Stir the pan for 10min adding the water to the pan if needed
- Serve with the wilted English spinach and some coriander if desired
Recommend to serve with David's Cauliflower Rice
This recipe has been kindly shared by David Marston from: