- Whole chicken
- 1/3 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 500g Jap Pumpkin
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 220 degress (200 fan forced). trim any obvious pieces of fat from the chicken. Rinse the chicken, including the cavity and pat dry with paper towel. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Brush the chicken with 2 tsp of olive oil and spinkle with herbs, salt and pepper. Place the chicken with the breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place the pan on the lowest shelf of the oven and roast for 1 hour.
- On a separate roasting tray place pumpkin and carrots and toss with oil.
- Put the vegetable tray on the highest shelf in the oven, roast for 40-50minutes.
- Once chicken and vegetables are cooked serve.
- Serve with your favourite greens or any other vegetables.
This recipe has been kindly shared by Melanie Avery from:
Let's Celebrate Christmas additive free