Makes 20 pieces.
- 3 eggs AND 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 450g tin crushed pineapple (drain well and save 1/4 cup of juice)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 large ripe banana – mashed
- Preheat oven to 170c and line a lamington tray with baking paper.
- Place 3 eggs, agave / maple syrup and cinnamon in a large bowl. Beat with electric beaters for 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple, reserved juice, sifted flours, coconut and banana and beat well for a further 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl whisk the 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into slice mixture.
- Pour into prepared tray and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool at room temperature.
- Cut into pieces when ready to serve.
This recipe has been kindly shared by Collette White from Cut out the Crap from: