This is the easiest pumpkin soup ever!
- 1 whole Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 Onion
- 1L Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut a whole butternut pumpkin in half. Place on a tray with 1 onion and bake for 1 hour in the oven at 180 degrees.
- When cooked scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Scoop out the rest of the pumpkin and place in thermo or blender and add 1 litre of stock.You will need to do this in 2 batches. (I use the thermo stock from the basic book or at this time of the year do up a big batch of stock/broth on the stove and have on hand in the freezer)
- Place the pumpkin puree and any left over stock into a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- From here you can do a few things:
Add nothing and its delicious (add salt and pepper)
Add cream and a tablespoon of honey and salt and pepper
Add on large tablespoon of dijon mustard and 2 x tablespoon of honey (and salt and pepper
Add coconut milk and salt and pepper