The quick pancakes will be everyones favourites! Top them with berries, apples, freshly squeezed lemon juice or just a drizzle of maple syrup.
*To make these egg free you can use egg replacer, or chia eggs (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water), or just add a little extra milk.
* For nut free, use olive oil, coconut oil and coconut milk instead of rice almond milk.
- 220g plain gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 300g rice-almond milk or coconut milk (or alter amount depending on preferred thickness)
- 30g macadamia oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (optional - see notes)
- coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- Place dry ingredients into mixing bowl and blend until combined
- Add remaining ingredients (except oil for cooking) and blend 10 secs.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over medium-high heat and add 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil. Once it melts, pour in 10cm circles of pancake batter, and turn heat down slightly to make sure the pancakes don't burn.
- Cook until bubbles are forming and popping in the batter, and edges are becoming crisp. Turn over and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove pancakes to a plate, add another 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil, and continue cooking pancakes until batter is finished.
- Leftover pancakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days and served with jam as pikelet, or reheated under the grill.
This recipe has been kindly shared by Quirky Cooking from: